Here is a short explanation what the words in the transaction list mean:
- Purchase: Selma bought an investment for you.
- Sale: Selma sold an investment for you.
- Fund: This is what we bought or sold.
- Commission: There can be fees involved in buying and selling the investment. Since this is included in your Selma fee, we will pay these fees back to you.
- Cash Dividend: This investment has paid out part of its profits to you. Often that is the sum of the dividends (paid out profits) or interest that the companies in the fund have generated.
- Deposit: This amount has been added to your account. It can be money that you transferred to your account or fees that Selma paid back.
- Withdrawal: Money that you moved away from your Selma account.
- Custody Fee: Costs for “storing” your investments. This cost is included in your Selma fee and will be paid back semi-annually.
- VAT: Tax on fees (e.g. on the custody fee). VAT on fees that are included in your Selma fee (such as custody fee) will also be paid back to you.
- Stamp Duty: This is a tax that needs to be paid when buying and selling investments on a stock exchange and living in Switzerland. This cost is included in your Selma fee and will be paid back semi-annually.